These are a few photos of some of the 25 8th Graders from St. Mary Magdalen School in Oakville who came to Wisdom House on May 28 for a program about the labyrinth.
The students are given an introduction to the labyrinth, invited to walk it, and then encouraged to reflect on their experience. St. Mary Magdalen School has brought their 8th Graders to Wisdom House for this program for the past five years.
Below are some of their comments about what they experienced : “As I walked the labyrinth....”
1) ...I felt peaceful and happy and wondered what I could do be a better person. The calm surroundings helped me get in touch with God.
2) ...I felt all my worries lift off my shoulders and I could breathe freely.
3) ... I forgot about all the things that hold me back from living my life.
4) ...I felt serene. My mind and soul were at peace, everything felt amazing and life got less complicated.
5) ... I felt more in tune with nature and any feelings of anger I held previously, just vanished.
6) ...I felt very quiet, relaxed, closer to life, and was able to think straight.
7) ... I felt like my prayer intention was slowly being accomplished.
8) ...I became happier and happier as I got closer to the center of the labyrinth.
9) ...I thought about my journey through all my school years and how God was by my side all the way.
10) ... I felt relief like everything was taken care of.
Photos and text by Jo-Ann Iannotti, OP
Click here to find out about family labyrinth walks at Wisdom House on June 8.
Click here for other posts about the Wisdom House labyrinth.